Freeza Chin, Toronto’s Grime and Funky dubplate don is back with another mix of high powered 140 bpm selections. Â This is Â a live recording of Freeza at our good friends 40hz last packed out party which featured original Dubstep crusader Silkie on April 28 2012.
With a warm winter and spring right around the corner, its only right that our next mix comes from the been had Polo kid himself: DJ Tasc. A new Tasc podcast sets the mood perfectly for our journeys into late night trouble and blazes the trail forward with all things currently hot in House music.
As always with Tasc, championship DJ skills are on show. Pay close attention to the EQ’ing and the transitions, seamless…no synch button, no mixed in key, just a great ear for dope music and the pedigree of years of experience and good taste to present it to you properly.
Monsieur ‘Two Champagne’ himself speaks on it a little more nonchalantly:
“Woke up, got the coffee pot brewing and started recording. I didn’t want to get caught up worrying about the tracklisting, just good House beats, all across the board. I hope you all enjoy”
01 DJ T – Opera Buffa (MANIK’s Paradise LL Mix)
02 Alexis Raphael – Kitchens & Bedrooms (Alexis Sunset Mix)
03 Paralell Dance Ensemble – Shopping Cart (Maxxi Soundsytem Remix)
04 FCL – More Then Seven
05 Shades of Gray – Dis This (Mic Newman Remix)
06 Frank Roger & Terrence Terry – This Is Now
07 Amirali – Beautiful World (Daniel Bortz Remix)
08 Lee Foss – Foxy
09 Claptone – Cream
10 Acos CoolKas & Nata Tomata – Don’t Fly Away (Jimpster Dub Mix)
11 Superfunk & Ron Carroll – Lucky Star (Solomun Remix)
12 Ben Hoo – Jasmine (App Remix)
13 H.O.S.H – What Do You Say feat Malonda
14 Jet Project – Alright feat Electric J (Homework Remix)
15 Laura Jones – Inner Place
16 DJ Wild – Last Summer (Kerri Chandler Remix)
17 Sek – If I Could Just
18 Robosonic – The Sweetness (J.Phlip Remix)
19 Pirupa – Party Non Stop (Vocal)
20 Tom Budden – Simplest Inhale (Denis Horvat Remix)
21 Guy Gerber – Nothing Can Be True
22 Nat Self – Looped Down
23 Claude Von Stroke & Jaw – Le Fantome
24 Toky – About You (Hot Since 82 Remix)
25 Danny Daze & Young Edits – Million
Freeza Chin, Channel One’s resident master of all things Grime and Funky finally returns with a fresh podcast of the most exclusive dub plates and upfront selections in the game. The leading champion of Grime music on this side of the world makes up for lost time with a mix that represents Freeza’s statement of intent for 2012….. No playing around!
Over two hours of live cutting and blending mixed in one take covering the full spectrum of lyrical and instrumental Grime, 140 BPM riddims and Funky.
If its a clash you want, you DON’T want it with Freeza Chin!
01. Mr. K-Ro – Jelly 2012
02. Tre Mission – Writer’s Block
03. J-Beatz – Foundation Riddim
04. Neon Beats – Pulse Blood Roses
05. Zdot – River Seven
06. Frisco – Frisco vs Deshane
07. Teeza – No Hooks (Temix)
08. Darkness – Prawn Cocktail
09. Kid D – Cross
10. Stayfresh – Not On My Watch
11. Merky Ace – Lead feat. Ego
12. J-Sweet – Can’t Stop My Grime (Mr. Mitch Remix)
13. Darq E Freaker – Turbo Kids
14. Lady Leshurr x Neon Beats – Too Much
15. Little Dee – 16 Bar Remix ft. Ice Kid, P-Money, Blacks & Chipmunk
16. Dexplicit – Pirate Cave
17. Faze Miyake – Screwdriver VIP
18. Submerse – Need To Know
19. Rudekid – UFO Mode (Spooky’s Refix)
20. Faze Miyake – Bawse
21. Tre Mission – Can’t Be Controlled ft. Wiley
22. Jendor, P-Money & Little Dee – Taking It Old School
23. Sketch’e – Bar Raid
24. Terror Danjah – Morph 2
25. Terror Danjah – Morph ft. Double S, Griminal, Youf, Messy, S Kid,
Chipmunk, Little Dee, P-Money
26. Merky Ace & P-Money – Spring
27. Tre Mission & Prowla – Trust Me
28. Tre Mission – Super Smash
29. Preditah – Nosy Parker
30. J-Sweet – Tump
31. Joker ft Ghetts, Lil’ Nasty & Shadz – Back In The Days
32. Freeza Chin – Xplosive Refix
33. Plastician – Cha! ft. Shizzle, Fresh & Napper
34. Newham Generals & Badness – Merked Again
35. Marco Del Horno & DJ Swerve – Just Rewind (Dub Mix)
36. Big Narstie & Dexplicit – Gas Leak (DJ Myrikal Remix)
37. Lay-Z – No Manners ft. Skepta
38. 23Hz + Numaestro – Zumo
39. Zdot – Red To Green
40. Wiley – Scarper
41. Swindle – Ignition ft. Footsie & Nadia Suliman
42. D Double E, Kano, Footsie, Hyper, JME & Rapid – Pumpin’ It Out (Remix)
43. Mossmade Beatz – Grab That!
44. Gucci Mane & Ray J ft Wiley & Dream Mclean – Do You Remember
(Terror Danjah Remix)
45. Rebound X – Rhythm ‘N’ Gash
46. M.I.K – Rhythm ‘N’ Gash (Freeza Chin Dubplate Special)
47. Terror Danjah – Air Bubble (Exo Remedy Remix)
48. Neon Beats – Uppercut
49. DOK – GRIMMMMMMMMMM
50. Steel Banglez – Breakdown ft. Ghetts, Wiley, Big H & P Money
51. Deset – Nightmare
52. F1 – Dot
53. Wiley – Eskimo (Spooky Remix)
54. Plain English & Spooky – UK Garage Dedication
55. Redligh – Source 16 (Rusha Remix)
56. Doctor P – Sweet Shop (Spooky’s Sugar Overdose Refix)
57. Tre Mission – Goodie (Instrumental)
58. Tre Mission – Goodie
59. Sunship – Cheque 1-2 (Spooky’s Remix)
60. Marcus Visionary – Beyond Next
61. Flava D – Bumpa
62. Terror Danjah – East Village
63. Terror Danjah – Full Attention ft. Ruby Lee Ryder
64. Woogie – Chain Reaction
65. Neon Beats – Missing Oo Attention
66. Plastician – Retro
67. Vybz Kartel – Nah Let Go (Oo Aa Ee Bootleg)
68. Merky Ace & Flava D – Everytime
69. Tre Mission & Flava D – Poison
70. Teeza – Bullacake (Temix)
71. Teeza – Switch (Temix)
72. Kingdom – Let You No
73. Rustie – Surph
74. Pangaea – Hex (Freeza Chin Edit)
75. Kelly Rowland – Motivation (Jacques Greene Remix)
76. Dark Tone Sound – Club Magic
77. Flash G – Pearl
78. The Weeknd – Initiation
Anybody who has West Indian parents will be able to relate to the story behind this weeks podcast: Â During the holidays last month MarcusÂ got the phone call that sends panic through the heart of any childÂ that was raised in a Caribbean household: His parents would beÂ downtown doing Christmas shopping tomorrow so they are going to stopÂ by and visit their beloved son. All studio work for that day was nowÂ over and bringing his place up to the strict standards of his GuyaneseÂ mother was his top priority for the rest of the day.
As a grown man living in his own house the last thing Marcus needed
was for his mother to walk in and say to him:Â ” Oh lawd, mi neva raise
my son to be this dutty!… Crosses!!!”
so Marcus frantically cleaned every nook and cranny of his house in
anticipation of the inspection he knew his mother was going to perform
upon her arrival. Â Just so happens that under his bed, covered in dust
Marcus found this old UKG mixtape that he had put out in 2001 during
his residency with Sassa’le at Flirt sundays.
We listened to it and knew we had to put this out. Of course at
Channel One though we had to take it to the next level. So we gave the
tape to Freeza Chin to remaster in pro tools and then we called in the
voice of Channel One, Plain English, to host over top. Â End result?
This amazing mixtape of 2001 era UKG and 2 step featuring classics
from the likes of Wookie, DJ Zinc, Zed Bias, MJ Cole and more.
Marcus’s pain is all of our gain!
Our first podcast of 2012 Â is a special exclusive drop from Montreal’s favourite carnival bass selector: Â Poirier.
We actually had to steal the first sentence off his artist bio because it describes the mans sound and approach so perfectly that we couldn’t even attempt to say it more slickly:
“Â Drawing from a wide range of tropical riddims and urban electro, the power of Montreal-based DJ/producer Poirierâ€™s bass blasts through any flimsy attempt to classify his music ”
Exactly. Â Poirier connects the dots between dancehall/soundsystem culture and all forms of forward leaning electronic dance floor genres and fuses them with the unmistakable party time energy of Soca. His signature genre bending sets have made him a very in demand selector all over the world, whipping up a frenzy behind the decks from Montreal to Notting Hill Carnival to Australia.
For his start of the year Channel One mix Poirier turns down the bpm’s a slight touch giving you a soundtrack to reflect on your experiences of the past year and to map out your goals for the new one.
A few words from the man himself:
” Here’s a mix showing my love of reggae/dub/dancehall thru electronic and club music. It’s a blend of exclusive tracks/dubplates with a few new tracks and some rare hard to find tracks. I wanted to do something deep, something to start the year not in mayhem, but in nice bass vibrations. ”
Happy New Year from everyone at Channel One, we will be here providing you with more of the same for 2012.
Thunderheist – L.B.G. (Bonjay Remix – Instrumental)
Poirier – Mangnen l’boulÃ© feat. Nik Myo (Poirier’s Skream Refix)
Tayo and Acid Rockers – Vampayaa feat. Pupajim (RSD Remix)
Johnny Osbourne – Fally Ranking (V.I.V.E.K. Remix)
Mungo’s Hifi – Scream feat. YT (Bad From Riddim)
Black Warrior – Buffalo Soldier (Bad From Riddim)
Juakali – Bang Bang Slang
YT – Credit Crunch (Joker Smoker Riddim)
Africa Hitech – Too Late (Instrumental)
Dreadsquad & Lady Chann – Money Ah Dem God (Tv Tom Minimal Dub Remix)
Crookers – Arena feat. Poirier & Face-T (Warbox Dubplate Mix)
Jahdan Blakkamoore – All Comes Back To One (Nate Mars Remix)
Saul Williams – Black Stacey (Deadbeat Remix)
We find that the word legend is thrown around a little too liberally these days. For us there is a difference between a veteran and a legend, the latter referring to someone whose list of accomplishments and influence on the music game are set in stone. Â This weeks guest is a DJ who transcends even the designation of legend. Â Sniper is more than a scene legend, he is a scene builder, a scene cornerstone, a scene godfather whose foundation of influence in this city still stands strong today. Anybody who was into drum n bass in any capacity in this country for the last 16/17 odd years has been directly affected,whether they realized it or not, by his sphere of influence.
We are not going to go into fine detail about all the things that Sniper has done WITHIN and FOR drum Â n bass in our city, maybe we will do that next time, or maybe if you weren’t there first hand then go and ask your older brother or sister about their memories from the epic rave days.
What we will say is that this mix is a return to the classic, signature Sniper sound that mesmerized an entire generation of DJ’s, producers and most importantly; people on the dancefloor at some of the most legendary large scale parties that have ever occurred on this side of the world.
We will let Snips tell it in his own words:
” Â I can give you all a bio but what’s the point. Â I’m a fuk’n dinosaur when it comes to DJing.
Atmospheric Drum n Bass isn’t really the type of sound you hear at the clubs or at bigger parties. The only chance I had to hear it is when LTJ Bukem was playing. Years ago, some rave promoters used to want me to play this kind of sound at 4 in the morning. It was the perfect time to really fuk up people and take them on a “Musical Journey” as M.C Conrad says.
Not to get to deep but, 2011 was a tough year for me. Â This mix reflects on some of the struggles that were faced.
The next mix I do will be a nasty, dark, smash.
Enjoy, Â Snips.Â “
For Sniper inquiries drop a request here:Â email@example.com,
and check out a super rare DJ set from the man himself on Jan 6th at Lionhearts.
“ Just close your eyes and listen……”
22 – I Remember – Kaskade, Deadmau5
Our city just keeps bubbling with talent all across the electronic/bass heavy spectrum. Â ThisÂ week we bring you this dope party starter mixtape from yet another one of the names you needÂ on keep on your radar for 2012, Terror Tone
Real name Luke D, Terror Tone’s path to where he is at now reads very similar to many in ourÂ scene: classically trained childhood musician, played in bands, then he got hit by THE BUG. Â You know that moment when you first become aware and fall in love with underground lateÂ night dance music and decide to devote your entire existence to it? Â For Terror Tone thatÂ bug bit him while on the dance floor of one of the legendary science center raves (Atlantis?Â Citrus? he never told us..).
He started producing Drum & Bass and presented a radio show atÂ his university in Windsor. That quickly evolved into making and playing other styles acrossÂ the spectrum; leading him to where he is at today: a multi – talented super technicalÂ producer who has really impressed us with the engineering and meticulous attention to detailÂ in his beats.
Channel One is about DJ’s though, and with this mixtape Terror Tone lets y’all know that hisÂ ear for production is also well in tune to the dancefloor. A high energy blend of GarageÂ influenced swing, Hip Hop/Grime and Dancehall attitude and gritty Dubstep and Drum & Bass,Â peppered with his own tracks and exclusive dubs from his current Toronto productionÂ contemporaries Bwana, Vlsonn and Bassmynt you NEED this in your life!
- Vlsonn – Eye Droops (Terror Tone Remix) [Stacked Records] VS. Red Light ft Miss Dynamite – What u talkin about? (Acapella) [MTA]
- Boy Better Know – Too Many Man (Jamie Duggan Meets Da Booda Remix) [Insatiable]
- Redlight ft. Jenna G & Jammer – Pick Up The Phone [Lobster Boy Records]
- Kidnap Kid – No One Else (Tete De Tigre Remix) [Squelch and Clap]
- Bwana – Baby Let Me Finish [Dub]
- Terror Tone – Bad Love (Vlsonn and Terror Tone Remix) [Stacked Records]
- French Fries Feat Taiwan – Laquisha [Youngunz]
- Hudson Mohawke – Thunder Bay [Warp]
- Max Morrel – Backyard Riddim [Cheaper Thrills]
- Terror Tone – Bonehead [Stacked Records]
- Azealia Banks â€“ 212 [Dub]
- Nguzunguzu – Got U (Canblaster and Berou Bonus Remix) [Silverback Recordings]
- Ms. Dynamite – Booo! (Medieval Hooligans Longshanks Remix) [Public Demand]
- Mosca – Bax [Numbers]
- MJ Cole Feat. Digga – Still Here [Prolific]
- Cardopusher – Tu Bizcochito [Enchufada]
- Acidkids feat. Marina – Big Foot (Schlachthofbronx Remix) [Acid Kids Records]
- Colombo & Kultur – The Good Times (Original mix) [Metamorph Muzik]
- Zeds Dead – Rumble In The Jungle [Mad Decent]
- Roulet – Kitamanda (Girl Unit Remix) [Enchufada]
- Tomb Crew ft Illaman, Rubi Dan & Juxci D – Watch This [Black Butter Records]
- Terror Tone – Dreamer [Stacked Records]
- Terror Tone – Bad Love [Stacked Records]
- Urvah Khan – War Drum (Terror Tone Remix) [Stacked Records]
- Gooffee – Two is Better Than One (Terror Tone Remix) [Dub]
- Breach – Fatherless (Doc Daneeka MRR SNRZZ Remix) [Pattern]
- Vlsonn – Eye Droops (Bassmynt Remix) [Stacked Records]
- Fuzzy Logik feat. Jada Pearl – All My Love (Slick Shoota Remix) [Safe and Sound]
- Rameses B – Memoirs (Terror Tone DNB Remix) [Dub]
The man of a thousand nicknames gets down to business with what he does best; putting on a clinic in low down underground four to the floor party groovers. Â Tasc is one of our all time favorite DJ’s for two reasons; selection wise he always finds and plays the flyest shit there is in the house music spectrum. Â His style is matched by none in our city. Â Secondly we love the fact that the competitiveness he used to employ in his DMC championship days still shines through in his DJin’ today, making his mixing and technical skill hard to match. Â Basically its that WAVY shit, get on the download.
Anybody who follows Drum n Bass would know that Rene is one of the brightest up and coming producers not just from Toronto but in the entire genre with possibly THE biggest most sought after dubplate in the game this year.
The insanely massive Headlock, battered in every single set for the last 6 months by Andy C which has drawn the attention firmly on Rene and his heavily “Golden era Drum n Bass” leaning productions. With music dropping very soon on Rubiks, Future Thinking, and DCI4, as well as colabs with Gremlinz and NC 17 on the way, Rene laced us with his debut Channel One mix.
Keeping true to our fashion of doing things different though we challenged Rene to dig deeper and show the other sides to his musical pallet. “Here Kids, Have Some Drugs” is the name of the mix he submitted and it’s his first released mix showing his take on Dubstep and 140 bpm bass music, featuring some of his own productions at the tempo.
The name of the mix tells all, as Rene draws for the jugular with some big room rave selections that shows he is a more than capable DJ who is here to stay. Recognize.
1. U Don’t Like Me – Lil Jon
3. Youth Blood (12th Planet & Flinch rmx) – Little Jinder
4. So Vexed – Funtcase
5. Go Around (Rene LaVice Remix) – Nenna Yvonne
6. Hangover (Caspa Remix) – Buraka Som Sistema
7. American Trash (Starkey Remix) – Innerpartysystem
8. Tell Me (Rene LaVice Remix) – Kerry Greenaway
9. Coming Closer (Hard Mix) – Sub Focus
11. When I Look at You – Emalkay
12. Fat Cap – Rene LaVice
13. The Ghost – XI (Orca)
14. This is it – Addison Groove
15. Crusader – Emalkay
16. Dread (ft. Ruckspin) – Jack Sparrow
17. The Rogue – Emalkay
18. Fragile Bird (Rene LaVice Deep Mix) – City and Colours
19. $keleton – Rene LaVice (dub)
20. Bleeper – Ramadanman